With the world being more interconnected than ever, there are indeed numerous outlets for businesses to grow. If you haven’t considered hybrid work models yet, it’s time to reconsider your options. With so many workers available everywhere, it would be a pity to waste the opportunity.
Next on, there’s technology to consider. With new apps and tools popping out of seemingly nowhere all the time, many business systems and processes can be integrated and simplified with ease.
Finally, with remote work challenging the focus of traditional work and the pandemic influencing traditional beliefs, businesses would do well to a create a people-first workplace that will rely on empathy and emotional intelligence for better engagement.
Let’s take a look at some of the best tips on how to improve your business operations in 2022.
Create Your Own Sustainability Team
Sustainability seems to be topic number 1 nowadays, with more and more businesses setting up their own sustainability teams.
It’s not difficult to see why this matters; benefits are simply too obvious to be ignored. From solar panels to easy EV charger maintenance, there are so many things that can be improved that it would be a pity to waste the opportunity.
Further out, the trend is beneficial for initiating sustainable long-term goals and ideas. While this is not a small undertaking, there are some steps that can help any business boost sustainability.
Here are some ideas:
- Define the business’ long-term purpose
- Draft the economic case for sustainability
- Create sustainability knowledge and competence
- Co-create sustainable practices with your employees
- Encourage healthy competition
- Make sustainability visible inside and outside the company
- Demonstrate higher purpose by creating transformational change
- Create a sense of purpose and productivity
- Make every employee a sustainability champion
Finally, you should listen to other people who have already made some progress in this regard. Over time, you may even be able to help others and boost your business’ reputation at the same time. For example, you can start your own sustainability course.
Choose the Right Working Model
As mentioned above, there are many skilled professionals working remotely. If you want to, say, hire talent from half a world away, you don’t necessarily have to change your overall business model. You can simply pick a work model that offers the best mixture for your employees.
There are six different hybrid work models, according to McKinsey & Company, as follows:
- Almost entirely off premises – mostly remote work with no office space
- Almost entirely on premises – limited remote work, large office space the majority of managers and workers
- Partially remote work, large office space – the majority of managers and workers spend most, but not all, of their time at the office
- Partially remote work, multiple hubs – multiple offices with the workforce dispersed among them
- Multiple microhubs – management and employees are dispersed across small microhubs located in different cities and countries
- Partially remote work, with flexible office space – no permanent offices; rented flex space used for periodic collaboration (but not connectivity)
But let’s also not forget one more option! Now that remote teams are on the rise, many employees would love the opportunity to work remotely and see even more of the world. And if we go a step further, they may want to make this a more permanent working arrangement by becoming digital nomads. That’s right, working and living abroad is something that many people dream about. If your team can work remotely, just keep in mind that they can work anywhere with a good Wi-Fi connection!
As you can see, there’s a good chance you’ll be able to pick one that suits your business best.
Offer New Tech for Frontline Employees
Keeping up to date with new tech is simply paramount. You should make sure that all your apps and tools are always updated. For example, offering gym management software for your gym business so it’s easy for your clients to book their appointment.
New tech is especially important for frontline employees, as there are many tools that can help their life easier. I.e., you can use software to track employee’s hours. Not only will this help you manage frontline employees, but it will also help them stay better engaged. Frontline employees will feel as if the office or in-house teams are managed in a more modern way.
Make Your Team’s Health Priority #1
Nothing can be more important than healthy employees, so it is surprising to see that not many businesses pay proper attention to simple hacks that can make employees happy with ease.
This doesn’t have to be a complicated process, either. You can simply encourage a wellness time where your team gets up and moves around to avoid leg cramps and provide healthy snacks (fruit, for example).
To promote engagement and increase employee efficiency, keep people’s best interests in mind. It’s that simple, really. Make sure that your employees have the opportunity to choose the best work model for them, that they eat healthy food, and provide onboarding training and new tech so that business operations can run smoothly.
Last but not least, promote sustainability and listen to employees’ ideas. The upcoming business results will reward you for the effort.