Most game development studios face some problems during the implementation of their projects. Most often, this is due to the visual and graphical part of the games, which require quite a lot of resources and experience. Therefore, in modern PC and mobile game development, the services of an art outsourcing studio such as RetroStyle Games are actively used. In this review, we will analyze what services a studio provides and why outsourcing is needed at all.
What Art Outsourcing Solutions Does the Studio Offer?
This is a question potential customers ask themselves. Since 2010, the studio’s main focus has been the game’s visual part. Throughout time, the range of their services has been supplemented by new technologies and processes and is not limited to art creation. Their arsenal of knowledge and skills includes the creation of the following:
- Character Concept Art
- UI/UX Design
- Backgrounds Game Art
- Game Logo Design
- Video Workflow
- Animation and Modeling
There is an opinion that outsourcing is needed only for large studios with a decent budget – this is not entirely true. The use of such services is relevant for any project at different stages of its development. Therefore, for all the time, the studio has worked with companies such as SEGA, Haiku Games, Kobojo, CodeCombat, and dozens of small indie companies that were starting their journey in the gaming market.
Art Outsourcing Benefits
But is art outsourcing that much in demand? The global transition to outsourcing game development took place at the beginning of 2008 but was already actively used at all stages closer to 2015. Today, outsourcing is the standard for any project and is used at many stages.
Art, in this case, is one of the main visual tools for promotion, advertising, and quality perception or gameplay. Unfortunately, mobile game development requires quite a lot of effort to implement a successful project. Because, unlike PC and console games, in mobile games, you need to fit the story, gameplay, and beautiful graphics, and all this needs to be optimized for most mobile devices. Therefore, most developers seek the help of RSG game art outsourcing studio in developing the visual part of the game that will fit conceptually and technically.
Among the advantages of art outsourcing, it is important to highlight the following:
- Risk avoidance. The studio knows the market and art outsourcing trends and has everything you need to start immediately. Thus, they assume all the risks associated with managing your product, people, time, and processes. Ultimately, this saves a lot of money.
- Cost reduction. Even though the price of hiring a third-party team looks higher at first glance, it covers all the overheads. It allows you to eliminate all the problems associated with the operation of the game development center.
- Well-organized team. With game art outsourcing, you start working with a balanced and well-organized team of game developers. Your game development outsourcing partner is responsible for assembling a team with all the necessary skills to deliver a successful product.
- Professional expertise. You gain access to their extensive technical expertise by partnering with an external studio. Their skills and experience with various projects can help avoid pitfalls and provide new and effective solutions to problems.
- High level of flexibility. Working with an outsourcing company is more flexible. If you do not need employees on a full-time basis, you can hire them on a part-time basis or just for specific tasks.
Typically, an art outsourcing company is approached to:
- Focus on the main direction and give the graphic aspect to professionals;
- Increase productivity through time management;
- Improve the quality of mobile games;
- Getting professional help at the first stages is relevant, for example, for start-ups or developing the first projects.
The customer can be a company of any size. Outsourcing is often used for small-scale projects in small and medium-sized studios. The main stage in the organization of outsourcing is the choice of a reliable provider. To protect the company, it is important to pay attention to the expertise of the outsourcer, his experience in the market, the reviews of other companies about him, and how much the studio understands the development of mobile games in general and not just the art aspects. By the way, read the article with more useful information from RSG art outsourcing studio to see for yourself. After all, the development of mobile games is a rather complicated process, which many underestimate.