PDF files are now a standard for digital data. They have become a perfect document format for distribution of electronic documents and for the dissemination of digital information on the Internet. Many documents, such as corporate announcements, product descriptions web-based materials, as well as emails are being sent made available in PDF format. PDF offers many advantages that are unmatched by other formats for electronic documents. The PDF format is a combination of fonts, text and formats, colors and graphics and devices-independent graphics into one file. The format file can include electronic data like hypertext links as well as sounds and dynamic images. It supports specific files that feature high integration as well as reliable security and security.
A lot of times, you can edit and open PDF files using a free PDF reader. It’s not easy to find a Free PDF Editor that users to read and add annotations to the work you’ve done, then convert it into Word, Excel or PPT, add your signature or insert images. Below we’ve listed the top five most popular PDF editors for free in 2020 to help you get by. They have different features available Certain have specific limitations on their functionality while others are PDF editors online that aren’t as well-equipped as desktop-based programs. Take your time and look for one that will benefit you most.
1 Soda PDF The Best Selection
The SodaPDF is our highly recommended choice for the top free PDF editor for 2020. It’s a trusted, powerful and portable PDF application you can access on your desktop computer or any mobile device equipped with the web browser. With this simple software you can edit PDF files easily and with ease, while also utilizing great features. Its trial version is free and can handle all the basic editing tasks with PDF like the ones listed below.
- Create PDFS with any format of printable files such as scanners, clipboards, and web pages
- You can convert one or more PDFs into Word, PTT, Excel Image, HTML, TXT, RTF
- Modify the entire content of your PDF files.
- Join PDF files easily and combine several documents into a single PDF
- Divide huge PDF files into smaller parts for reading in your own
- Include images URLs, page numbers watermark, header and footer
- Comment, review and comment on your PDF in a variety of forms
- Get online access to your features from any device
Soda PDF has two editions that are Home and Premium. Premium offers great value for the money. The major difference between these two editions is that the Premium edition has higher-end features. For instance, the brand new E-Sign software allows you to sign digitally and to manage signatures. You can also modify private information within your PDF, and create customized digital forms, etc.
- This is also the cheapest for the paid version.
- It is equipped with excellent OCR capabilities.
- The UI is extremely user-friendly, just as easy as using Word
- It is compatible with the securing and signing PDFs feature.
- Free unlimited version upgrades
- Users who are not registered with us will only receive the 14-day trial period for free
Cost: The Premium edition is only $35.97
Systems Support Soda can be used on all Windows platforms and is compatible with mobile and desktop devices.
2 – Adobe Reader DC: Best PDF Viewer
The PDF format for files is an electronic format for files created by Adobe. Adobe Acrobat has been the most effective way to view and open PDF files. Adobe Acrobat Reader DC is the standard for professionals for editing PDF files. This lets you not only browse, but also print, sign and annotate PDFs using the free Adobe Acrobat Reader DC. If you wish to accomplish more, like make PDFs, export the PDF files into Word or Excel or Excel, secure them with password-protecting PDF files, or even generate signatures, you’ll need to sign up to Acrobat Professional DC.
- The best PDF editors in the world
- The world’s free standard to view and post comments on PDF
- Help with PDF conversion with the help of Acrobat Reader mobile application
- It’s possibly the most expensive editor for PDF.
- Signatures are only available for limited usage for signatures Acrobat Version DC of Reader
Cost: It costs for $179.88 when you pay it as an all-in-one fee or $14.99 each month to get the membership
Systems Support It is available for Windows along with macOS.
3 3 JotForm Adobe PDF Editor Easy Customization
JotForm PDF Editor provides an excellent alternative to the numerous PDF editors available in the market, since it automatizes numerous tasks that take up a lot of time. With features for invoice and contract generation , as well as formatting it can save you lots of time, and improves productivity. The primary difference between this and other PDF editors is that it allows you to also make use of an online application to gather all the information needed and then convert them into stunning quality PDF documents in a matter of just a few seconds.
- A variety of integrations and tools such as Google Drive, Zoom, Slack and many more.
- 600+ pre-designed PDF templates to meet your requirements
- Signature widgets that allow you to quickly collect electronic signatures from your customers
- Simple collaboration with documents
- Free to use
- Drag & drop builder
- Highly customizable
- The free plan is not unlimited.
- Forms and submissions are not as extensive for the free plan
- A lot of widgets and integrations can cause confusion
Cost: Forever Free to use subject to some limitations. Bronze Package: $24/month. Silver Package $29/month. Gold Package: $79/month.
Systems Support This is compatible with Windows as well as Mac systems.
4. Nitro Pro: Great Alternative to Adobe Acrobat
If you’re searching for alternatives in place of Adobe Acrobat, Nitro Pro is an excellent choice. As with other editors for PDF, Nitro Pro enables you to swiftly and effortlessly create convert, edit, and examine PDF documents with no effort. Furthermore, Nitro PDF editor will permit you to fill out the form, sign and then protect your PDF files. It is available in three versions to accommodate different users’ requirements: Basic, Team and Enterprise.
- Simple UI that will make sure there are no obstacles to use
- Integrate with cloud storage applications
- Unlimited eSignature request
- The Basic version does not allow ticket submission.
- Users can only avail an initial 14-day trial of The Basic version. The trial version is also limited to limitations on features.
Pricing: $128 for individuals or companies with less then 20 employees. If you’re a team member or an business user, the price is more costly.
system support: This can run on Windows XP/7/8/10.
5 5 Sejda The PDF Editor A Free Online PDF Editor
Sejda PDF Editor offers both desktop and web-based applications that aid users in the viewing and editing of PDF files. Its free online PDF editor is a huge hit due to its ease of use and powerful features. It lets you edit PDF with ease and easily, like converting a PDF to Word or convert PDF into JPG and merge PDF files, erase Pages from PDFs, write on a PDF, reduce PDF files, and shrink the size of PDF files. Beyond the standard features offered by the version online the desktop edition allows users to sign PDF files, make comments and hyperlinks to PDFs, make fillable PDF forms, and so on.
- Open PDF files directly from an online site
- It allows editing text in PDF, without adding watermarks
- Run on the web browser. No need to download anything.
- Limited to PDFs that have less than 200 pages
- PDF files are not allowed to exceed 50M
- Not as secure as the other desktop PDF editors.
- OCR isn’t supported in the online version.
Pricing: Sejda PDF Editor provides three plans of purchase for individuals: Web Week Pass ($5), Web Monthly ($7.5) and the annual Desktop+ Web plan ($63)
Systems Support Modify PDF offline using Sejda Desktop for Windows and Mac.
6 – Foxit PhantomPDF: A capable Acrobat Alternative
Fox Its Phantom PDF Editor is a great Adobe Acrobat alternative for PDF document management and generation. It allows editing your PDF files on Windows as well as macOS systems. The features include creating and editing PDF documents and fillable forms, sorting pages, adding headers/footers/watermarks, exporting PDF, converting paper into editable, and searchable PDF for paperless. Alongside the editing functions it is also possible to organize your PDFs after publishing. For instance, you can share your documents and integrate them with ECMs and cloud storageto ensure your data is secure no matter where you store your documents and so on.
- OCR function is integrated
- It is bundled along with PhantomPDF Online providing many same features
- Features the same attributes as the other products.
- Users can only avail the 14-day trial period for free
- The trial version is limited in options.
- It’s not cheap, but it’s not too expensive.
Pricing: $129 for Standard and $159 for Business. $29 to purchase the Mac version
System Support This is compatible with Windows as well as Mac systems.
Wrap it up
The information above outlines the five top free PDF editing programs we’ve compiled for you. We have outlined in detail the introduction to the software, its features as well as their advantages and disadvantages as well as the cost and support. We believe you make a decision according to your desires and opinions, whether you prefer an online application, or if you’d prefer to go with an affordable tool. If you’re in need of our suggestions on which product to choose hier, the first one is the best option.
PDF has become the preferred format for documents for business transactions. It keeps important and confidential information. To ensure your data is secure against loss suggest to create a backup every now and then. If you do lose your PDF file because of a careless deletion, formatting of your hard drive or virus attack make sure you utilize EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard, an expert and top-quality data recovery tool that helps you recover lost data promptly.