While individual motivations for moving to the Gold Coast after the COVID-19 pandemic may vary, here are some common reasons why people are using removalists Gold Coast moving companies and making their move to the sunny state.
- Lifestyle change – Many people re-evaluated their priorities and desired lifestyles during the pandemic, leading them to seek a more relaxed and outdoor-oriented environment. The Gold Coast offers beautiful beaches, a pleasant climate, and ample opportunities for outdoor activities, making it an attractive option.
- Remote work opportunities – With the increase in remote work opportunities due to COVID-19, many people have the flexibility to choose where they live. The Gold Coast’s appealing lifestyle and amenities make it an attractive location for remote workers.
- Lower population density – The COVID-19 pandemic highlighted the importance of personal space and social distancing. The Gold Coast generally has a lower population density compared to major cities, making it a more appealing choice for those seeking to avoid crowded urban centers.
- Business opportunities – The Gold Coast has been investing in its infrastructure and attracting new businesses, creating job opportunities and economic growth in the area. This may draw people looking for new professional opportunities after the pandemic.
- Quality education – The Gold Coast is home to several reputable educational institutions, making it an attractive destination for families and students seeking quality education in a beautiful setting.
- Affordable housing – Compared to larger cities like Sydney and Melbourne, the Gold Coast often offers more affordable housing options, attracting people who want to maximize their living space and minimize living costs.
While property prices and rental rates can change over time, some suburbs in the Gold Coast have generally been considered more affordable than others. Here are a few suburbs that have been known for their affordability:
Upper Coomera – This suburb offers a mix of residential properties and is well-suited for families. With plenty of amenities, including schools, shopping centers, and parks, Upper Coomera offers a great lifestyle at a relatively affordable price.
Nerang – Known for its central location and good connectivity, Nerang provides a mix of housing options, including houses and townhouses, at relatively affordable prices. The area also offers schools, parks, and shopping centers.
Coomera – Coomera is a growing suburb with new residential developments and infrastructure projects. This suburb offers a range of property types, including houses and townhouses, at competitive prices.
Labrador – Labrador is located close to the Broadwater and offers a range of housing options, including apartments, townhouses, and houses. This suburb has seen significant growth and redevelopment, making it an affordable option for those looking to live close to the water.
Pimpama – Pimpama is situated in the northern part of the Gold Coast and has experienced significant growth in recent years. This suburb offers a variety of housing options, including new developments, at relatively affordable prices.
Carrara – Carrara is centrally located and offers a mix of property types, including houses and townhouses. With its golf courses, parks, and schools, Carrara is an affordable option for families and individuals seeking a convenient lifestyle.
Ormeau – Located between Brisbane and the Gold Coast, Ormeau offers a mix of residential properties at competitive prices. This suburb has been growing in recent years and offers access to schools, parks, and other amenities.
Please note that property prices and rental rates may change over time. It’s essential to conduct thorough research and consult with local real estate agents to get the most up-to-date information on property prices and affordability in the Gold Coast suburbs.
What is life like in the Gold Coast?
The Gold Coast is known for its laid-back atmosphere, which can provide a better work-life balance for those seeking to prioritize leisure and family time alongside their careers. Life in the Gold Coast can be described as relaxed, outdoor-oriented, and diverse, offering a mix of natural beauty, urban amenities, and a vibrant community. Here are some aspects of life in the Gold Coast you can enjoy after your hired moving company has left.
Perfect climate year-round – The Gold Coast boasts a subtropical climate with warm summers and mild winters. This pleasant weather encourages outdoor activities and beach visits year-round.
Beaches and outdoor activities – With over 70 kilometres of coastline, the Gold Coast is known for its beautiful sandy beaches, such as Surfers Paradise, Burleigh Heads, and Coolangatta. The region offers a variety of outdoor activities, including swimming, surfing, fishing, and beachcombing. In addition, the Gold Coast Hinterland provides opportunities for bushwalking, hiking, and exploring national parks.
Entertainment and nightlife – The Gold Coast offers a vibrant entertainment scene, including restaurants, bars, nightclubs, and live music venues. Surfers Paradise, Broadbeach, and Burleigh Heads are popular areas for nightlife and dining.
Theme parks and attractions – The Gold Coast is home to several theme parks, such as Warner Bros. Movie World, Sea World, and Dreamworld, making it a popular destination for families and tourists.
Shopping -The Gold Coast has a variety of shopping options, from large shopping centers like Pacific Fair and Robina Town Centre to boutique stores and local markets.
Education – The Gold Coast has a range of educational institutions, including primary and secondary schools, vocational colleges, and universities such as Griffith University and Bond University.
Sports and recreation – The region has numerous sporting facilities and clubs catering to various interests, such as golf, tennis, rugby, and soccer. The Gold Coast also hosts major sporting events, like the Gold Coast Marathon and Gold Coast 600.
Cultural diversity – The Gold Coast is home to a diverse population, with residents from various cultural backgrounds contributing to the area’s rich and multicultural atmosphere.
Transport and connectivity – The Gold Coast has a well-developed transport system, including buses, trams, and trains. The Gold Coast Light Rail (G:link) offers convenient connectivity within the city, while the Pacific Motorway provides easy access to Brisbane and surrounding areas.
Overall, life in the Gold Coast offers a blend of outdoor activities, urban amenities, and a laid-back atmosphere, making it an attractive destination for individuals, families, and retirees seeking a balanced lifestyle. It is no wonder we see droves of people moving here.