Wide feet are a common problem for basketball players. Shoes that fit well on the regular foot may not fit well on wide feet, and vice versa. There are many different types of basketball shoes, each designed for a specific type of player. Some basketball shoes are made with a wider toe box, which can help to accommodate wide feet. The best basketball shoes for wide feet will have a roomy toe box, a flexible sole, and good cushioning.
Some professional basketball players in fact obtain one size larger in order to find the ideal width. Nonetheless, this results in hindering the match and resulting in injuries. For that reason, you need fitting ball shoes so you can participate in matches respectfully and prevent an injury. I have analyzed high-performing basketball shoes with wide toe boxes in several sporting activities.
Best Basketball Shoes for Wide Feet – Wide Toe Box Sneakers
Here is a list of the best basketball sneakers for wide feet in 2022. These shoes include extra wide toe box and wide feet to keep feet free from pain.
1 – Jordan Nike Air XXXV DNA
“Jordans For Wide Feet”
The Air Jordan 35 is a true-to-size basketball shoe with room in the toe area, fantastic functionality, and grippy traction. This pair is especially made for indoor play and offers excellent power for stopping and starting rapidly on hardwood surfaces. As well as having enough room for wide toes, the Air Jordan 35 fits perfectly and locks the feet down well. These comfortable lightweight shoes offer excellent Zoom Air cushioning for responsive response.
Johnathan (Outdoorball Pro team-member) always found it difficult to find the right pair of shoes. He said, “It’s challenging to have wide feet.” Nevertheless, he was quite comfortable on the court while testing Jordan 35 DNA.
- Springy and recoiling Zoom Air cushioning below both the instep and the heel.
- A large toe box provides enough space for Bigfoot to fit in small enough.
- Woven wire cables on the sides curved plates are used to completely secure the foot.
- Side to side stability enhanced by sculpted Eclipse plate 2.0.
- The bottom part of the sole was made hollow to reduce the weight.
- Rubber outsole with a herringbone traction pattern for optimum rolling resistance and rapid starting, stopping, and changing directions.
- Tongue with soft exterior that has two bumps offers great comfort to feet
2 – Nike LeBron 18
“Best Cushioning Wide Basketball Shoes”
If you are an athlete with wide feet and on the hunt for the best footwear for playing basketball, LeBron James 18 is the very best option for you. This particular shoe outperforms the beast in order to offer tomentous support to the explosive player LeBron James. Additionally, this pair offers sufficient space to accommodate wide-width men’s feet and provides maximum stability. Certainly, LeBron 18 would be a good buy for wide feet.
- Max Air unit that is part of full-length Zoom Air unit is extended from the tip of the foot to heel.
- Appropriately thick padding can be found in the base.
- The molded TPU heel counter stabilizes the foot to maximize power and prevent it from moving within the shoe.
- Comfortable stretchy knitting for a secure fit, lightweight top for optimal comfort.
- Through its interlocking inlets and exits, the lacing system locks down on feet.
- Slippery tongue and collars offer soft comfort.
- Solid rubber outsole with flexible groove pattern for floor traction.
3 – Jordan Why Not Zer0.2 SE
“Extra Wide Basketball Shoes”
Enjoy the updated Zer0.2 SE as the future of Russell Westbrook’s Air Jordan 10 Why Not Zer0.2 SE. The extensive toe box offers a large area to cover a bigger than life creature. These shoes are incredibly lightweight for throwing high. In spite of having many inches in the toe box, the Jordan team designed this shoe so that it’s both tight and roomy.
- Lightweight comfort is offered by synthetic deconstructed uppers.
- A saddle that is positioned in the mid-squash offers excellent containment.
- Zoom Air footing under the foot to minimize the effect of bouncing.
- Rubber outsole with a circular traction pattern for maximum court control.
- Manufactured with flexible material and lacing system ensures true to size fit
4 – Under Armour Embiid 1
“Wide Toe Box Shoes”
The first Joel Embiids signature shoes were intended to provide services for large feet players such as Joel. The shoes are made tough all around to provide support in these players. The thick sole supports the weight of the player, while the lockdown wings provide a tight fit. Adding this pair to our list of the best wide basketball shoes was prompted by comfort and a solid locked-in feel on the hardwood (indoors and out). We noticed no foot swelling or toe redness after hours of play.
- Nice lockdown from toe to heel, and not just on top.
- Flexible toe protection makes it possible to walk while wearing the boot even with sharp lateral movement.
- A thick, wide base with rounded edges along with side-wings give maximum stability.
- Lightweight perforated mesh uppers to enhance breathability and comfort.
- The HOVR heel and full length Micro G cushioning provided in these shoes make them very cozy.
- New style outsole gives maximum grip on floors and sideways movements.
5 – Nike Zoom Freak 1
“Nike Wide Basketball Shoes”
The first signature sneakers for a big football player, such as Giannis Antetokounmpo, are manufactured with very comfortable material. Having enough room in the toe box, these shoes are a comfortable fit for wide feet. The internal containment system in the toe box keeps the foot stable and perfectly contained.
- The shoe has Double Zoom Air units that provide cushioning under the heel for a hard landing.
- Proper locked-down fit and responsive cushioning make the shoe ideal for the courtroom.
- Strong court binding pattern contributes to abrupt halt-to-start transition.
- The outsole is constructed by combining a mix of solid and translucent rubber.
- Shoe lace system featuring an internal loop and internal padded collar locks the foot in place.
6 – Nike LeBron Soldier XIII SFG
“Wide High Top Basketball Shoes”
Highest rated as a professional basketball shoe that’s especially fitted for aggressive players. The dual dynamic strapping system uses pressure points and offers additional support. These boots accommodate an individual’s wide foot well due to their adjustable slip lock strips. In addition, the upper offers a comfortable fit for big feet.
- The pair makes room for big feet, as it has an extensively adjustable upper . It also has adjustable inner leg width to comfortably fit a standard size foot.
- Dynamic system that allows for secure and versatile shoulder straps regardless of size, not causing a bother when they are removed.
- A thick, hollow outsole that has excellent grip on indoor and outdoor courts.
- Foam padding at the bottom of the foot, in the heel, and the forefoot Zoom Air unit are designed to provide responsive cushioning to both men and women.
- Extended soft tongue and padded high ankle collar provides a gentle enclosure.
7 – Nike Kyrie 6
“Widest Nike Basketball Shoes”
Designed for Kyrie Irving, these footwear are notably preferred by basketball players with broad feet. Indeed, it is one of the most comfy basketball shoes for guards who are opener. Comfortably, performing at top levels and preventing the ankle during turbulence, Kyrie 6 is an excellent choice of footwear. If you are wide-footed, mid-top with a padded collar and heel cup makes you feel safer and more stable on the court.
- Comfortable materials such as leather blended with molded mesh are used.
- Over the lacing system, an extra strap is attached for locked-in boots.
- Forefeet cushioning is lightweight and provide support for hard landings.
- The Zoom Air Turbo placed under the feet can deliver variable speed control.
- Rubber outsole with all-directional traction pattern, with deep lugs to deliver a sure footing on the court.
- Flat sole and heel airbag ensures the feet stay on the footrest while quick crossings are performed.
8 – Adidas Ownthegame
“Cheap Wide Sneakers”
This Adidas pair is more affordable than other footwear for basketball that is as wide as your foot. 99 percent of the shops recommend getting your size if you have rather wide (big) toes. A member of the mixed materials, these shoes are durable and supportive on hardwood courts. So, if you are looking for budget-wide basketball shoes, we recommend going for the Adidas Ownthegame.
- The lace-up system provides an adjustable and secure fit, fits well, and runs true to size.
- Made with mixed materials, synthetic leather and perforated mesh.
- Durable Adiwear rubber outsole with zigzag traction pattern, perfect for any surface.
- The comfortable comfort of the cloudfoam midsole is conducive to a relaxing effect.
- Midtop with a low-cut mesh tongue along with padded collar provides soft enclosed secure snoozing.
Important Features of Wide Basketball Shoes
Purchasing a basketball shoe for wide feet can be complicated. We generally just buy a half size larger just to fit in feet wide, but that is often not completely comfortable. We put forth our wide basketball shoes after interviewing them on various factors, listed below;
- Stretchy upper
- Wide outsole
- True to size fit
- Containment and enclosure
If you have not found your desired shoe, but you’re still looking out there, we suggest considering these factors before making a final choice. All of these features have an important impact on performance due to the wide shoe will have difficulty maintaining stability.
Let’s examine some of the factors in greater detail.
When purchasing carbon fiber wide basketball shoes, it can be rare to find the perfect fit. You may feel uncomfortable and crippled while usually participating in basketball if they’re too tight. On the other hand, if they’re too loose, you run the chance of tripping and suffering an injury. It’s best to test the fit of several pairs and only buy the one that fit best.
It is helpful to find a shoe that fits your foot well. At a shoe shop, a professional fitter who can correctly measure your feet can help you. A common recommendation is to buy one size greater if you need greater depth in the shoes.
The amount a shoe provides is a factor to think about when buying wide shoes. While a few can stretch, this doesn’t necessarily mean they don’t provide adequate support for people who have foot issues. In fact, many shoes with no additional fabric features only cause discomfort.
Make sure your shoe provides the sturdiness and support you need for your ankles and feet. Quality shoe will prevent foot and ankle injuries caused by motion control or heel support technology.
Those who are more agile can obtain greater playtime with their quick shoes, while other athletes require more performance-based shoes. Professionals who understand the needs of their feet recognize the importance of choosing the best shoe.
You will play on both indoor and outdoor courts, each courts have different environmental conditions. Indoor courts can be slippery whereas the outdoor courts are full of dirt. The outsole must be sturdy enough to withstand all court conditions and provide good traction.
You are going to play on indoor and outdoor courts, each of which has distinct environmental conditions. Indoor courts may be slippery while the outdoor courts are dusty and full of dirt. The outsole must be able to withstand all of the court’s conditions and provide excellent traction.
Basketball attire should be made from breathable materials and be easily ventilated to keep comfort at the highest possible level.
The thickness of the inner padding in a shoe can significantly impact the overall effectiveness of the support it provides. insufficient padding may allow someone to step without experiencing pain but may also lead to blisters or sores. If an excessive amount of foot movement is tolerated, it can be difficult to get comfortable.
Conversely, the structure of a shoe should be considered. Some shoe manufacturers design shoes with stiffer components throughout the heel and toes because this has been shown to be where players need it most.
Best Basketball Shoes for Wide Feet In 2022
One thing to keep in mind when purchasing basketball shoes is that you have a wide foot. We have tested various sneakers on indoor and outdoor courts and have been satisfied with the products we selected. The shoes have a big toe box and still maintain an acceptable level of balance, comfort, and traction.
Our most suggested basketball shoes are Jordan Nike Air XXXV DNA, wide toebox and maximum side-to-side stability are why they count as our personal favorite pair.
The second most popular is the second area of Under Armour Embiid 1, midwide shoes with extra width in mind for wide-footed individuals. These shoes have super comfortable cushioning and flexible midfoot containment.
If you’re on a limited budget and need to fit in a big foot in a shoe, you will end up being satisfied with your Adidas Ownthegame purchase. This pair is affordable, stylish, and durable.